Version 1.0, effective as of May 1, 2015
...if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself.
- "Nineteen eighty-four", Orwell, G., 8 June 1949 London.
Fightschool has no interest in your private information. No information will ever be sold or given away without a Dutch court order. The only exception being obvious criminal behaviour by a user in which case we notify the authorities.
That said this is a website and as such is a part of the world wide web. There is a saying that states: 'What is on the internet, stays on the internet'. This is true for any website no matter the levels of security nor the precautions taken to keep private information private. Therefore you should always be cautious as to which information you provide on a website. Both to Fightschool itself as to other users of the Fightschool website.
Software may and will contain bugs (no system is unhackable), people make mistakes, some people seek out your information with malicious intent. All real world examples of things that may, do and will go wrong and may impact your privacy.
We do take your privacy very serious, so we do our best to safeguard the information you have provided. For this we have taken, among others, the following measures:
- The underlying application platform has a good security trackrecord.
- All server/client communication is encrypted with an SSL certificate to block prying eyes.
- The SSL certificate is of the highest level, Extended Validation (EV), so you know who you're dealing with.
- Your password is stored in the heavily encrypted industry standard manner.
- No creditcard information is stored on our servers.
- We only ask the minimum information required for our services.
- You may use a nickname for your public profile. Your real name is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Besides your profile name you can choose who sees your private information: only you (and Fightschool administrators), other fightschool members or everyone and anyone. By default only you (and Fightschool administrators) can see the additional information you've provided.